We believe in:
Our mission is to make our customers’ lives easier by:
- selecting and distributing best-in-class electrical products from manufacturers and
- providing related services and solutions.
We may not be well known yet. But we’re Sonepar, the global market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and services.
We’re #1 in over ten countries. #2 or #3 in over 15 other countries.
Our Group operates at the heart of a global market — with major potential for expansion. There is an increasingly broad range of applications for electrical equipment and product technology is evolving with a growing need for new services.
Our strategic plan
Sonepar’s Strategic Plan, “Impact”, aims at accelerating the growth of the Group over the next decade.
It is based on four pillars, on top of ethics and compliance:
More customer centric and apply a strategic marketing approach to fully meet future customers’ needs.
We attract the best talent and promote equitable career development so that every employee embodies our leadership model.
Sonepar must continuously improve productivity and customer service by leveraging our digital transformation.
Creating a generation of ‘clean first’ advocates through education, collaboration and partnerships, radically cutting down our own emissions and waste as well as creating a ‘Sonepar Sustainable offer’ that prioritizes sustainable solutions and services to our customers.
Our leadership model
At Sonepar, we believe that we all have a role to play to contribute to the success of the organization: it’s about leadership. And we can all, each in our own way, in our own position, show leadership. The leadership behaviors expected from all associates are at the heart of our mindset: adapt, dare and learn:
- Adapt - to new situations and people by choosing the right approach and skillset.
- Dare - to appropriately challenge the status quo as needed.
- Learn - from everyone, everywhere. From others and from our own mistakes to constantly grow and improve.
This mindset enables us to carry out our work, our missions and deliver performance, regardless of our area of responsibility.
Sonepar’s family shareholders work to ensure socially responsible growth for the Group.
They account for about 90% of total shares, with the remaining 10% being some of our associates. This is what makes us independent. This is what allows us to think long term. This is what makes us resilient.
They play an active part in the annual meetings, as well as on the boards of directors of our brands. They have fostered mutual trust and are helping make Sonepar values a reality.
We are a people-centric organization that emphasizes empowerment, trust and accountability.
We share values such as respect – the foundation of all our relationships and behaviors, and independence – ability to take decisions based on long-term strategy rather than short-term constraints.
Our local brands
As a decentralized organization, we empower local initiatives.
A balance between local initiative and global operations underlies our business growth.
Innovations and best practices that comes from our brands to then benefit to the Group.