Sonepar France is delighted to announce the launch of its new brand, Sonepar Connect, to replace the 25 brands in its regional general retail network.
Thanks to the energy and commitment of their teams, these brands, alongside CGED, have contributed to the success of Sonepar France over the last 50 years. In 2019, to cement its ambition to become “La Référence” – the standard-setter – on the French market, Sonepar France has chosen to bring its brands together under a single brand.
THE AIMS OF THIS STRATEGY ARE:
- Consistency, thanks to better visibility through a single brand online and in our agencies;
- Business growth, with a harmonised line-up and coordinated sales teams in the two nation-wide brands,
- Sonepar Connect and CGED, whose networks guarantee geographical proximity to our customers and whose links to six regional logistics platforms ensure optimal product availability, including web order cutoffs until 9.30 p.m.;
- Appeal to customers, prospective customers and future talent by capitalizing on strong branding associated with the name of a group that is a world leader in its market.
Sonepar Connect leverages the strength of a nation-wide brand, visible to all industry players in the field and attractive to new talent, along with geographical coverage by sales teams across France, enhanced product availability and a streamlined, connected customer experience.
SONEPAR CONNECT IS PERFECTLY IN LINE WITH OUR STRATEGIC POSITIONING, ENSURING THAT WE ARE:
- “Connected to people”, continuing to place importance on maximizing the geographical coverage of our sales teams to best meet customers’ needs and offer them expertise and advice;
- “Connected to digital”, stepping up the digitization of our tools to make them easier for our customers to use and provide a seamless experience through an efficient omni-channel approach;
- “Connected to innovation”, relaying the innovative solutions developed by our suppliers and sharing them with our customers thanks to our teams’ expertise and our new service offerings.
Sonepar Connect also marks the fulfilment of Sonepar France’s expansion strategy, driven over the last 50 years by people whose commitment and business values have helped Sonepar grow, take on new challenges and bring new companies on board to join its winning teams.
“The project is important on both a business level and a human level, since bringing all associates under two strong brands, the new Sonepar Connect and CGED, will also reinforce our links with customers and suppliers and encourage take-up of our common values and ambitions,” said Benoît Pédoussaut, Sonepar France General Manager.
Sonepar is an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and related services. Assisting customers in a wide range of markets and drawing on the skill and passion of its 44,500 associates, Sonepar has sales of €21.6 billion (as of 31 December 2017). Through a dense network of 167 operating companies spanning 44 countries and 5 continents, and the digital solutions developed, the Sonepar Group delivers greater service and enhanced customer relations every day. Sonepar’s ambition is to become “La Référence” – the standard-setter for all its stakeholders.
For more information: www.sonepar.com
About Sonepar France:
Sonepar France, a subsidiary of the Sonepar Group, is the French leader in the distribution of electrical solutions to contractors, installers and end-users.
With two general retail networks, specialised subsidiaries and a mass market network, all drawing on the skills of 5,600 associates and a dense ensemble of 500 agencies in mainland and overseas France, Sonepar France has sales of €2.3 billion.
Like the Sonepar Group, its aim is to become the standard-setter in its market, leveraging the commitment and sales performance of its teams.
About Sonepar Connect:
- Sales of €1.5 billion in 2018
- Three markets: manufacturing, tertiary and residential
- 300 agencies
Sonepar France Contact:
Communication Director of Sonepar France