Sonepar Deutschland has made remarkable progress on the Planet pillar of Impact, Sonepar’s strategic plan to drive digital transformation, and recently the company released a list of its key actions taken during this time.
Over the last two years, Sonepar Deutschland has made remarkable progress on the Planet pillar of Impact, Sonepar’s strategic plan to drive digital transformation, and recently the company released a list of its key actions taken during this time:
• Replacing plastic bags with recyclable packaging reducing the use of over 15 million plastic bags
• Wrapping fragile products in bubble wrap made of 50% recycled materials
• Lowering paper use by switching to electronic alternatives
• Using renewable energy to power its branches and Sonepar locations
• Installing energy-efficient LED lighting with intelligent light management
• Reducing face-to-face meetings through increased use of digital alternatives
Their momentum hasn’t stopped there, as Sonepar Deutschland continues to work actively to improve and integrate sustainable business practices and energy-efficient technology. In addition to targeting their use of energy-efficient heating, ventilation and lighting systems, they have installed photovoltaic panels in their offices and branches. In other areas, the logistics team is currently examining the possibility of using wet adhesive tape instead of plastic adhesive tape. For Sonepar Deutschland, there are always improvements that can be made.
About Sonepar Deutschland
Sonepar Deutschland is Germany's leading electrical wholesaler, is has a local presence across Germany in more than 200 locations. Central warehouses are spread across the whole country and, together with a special distribution center for industrial products, ensure that products are available with minimum delay.