The second edition of the Sonepar Executive Business Leadership (EBL) Convention took place this month in the city of Reims.
The second edition of the Sonepar Executive Business Leadership (EBL) Convention took place this month in the city of Reims. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the meeting was limited to a very reduced amount of Executive Business Leaders from Europe. The remaining guests who could not physically attend the event were able to take part virtually, allowing them to watch Philippe Delpech's introductory speech as well as the Finance update, and presentations about the different regions. Furthermore, three other virtual EBL meetings will take place in North America, APAC and South America.
During the meeting, every single sanitary measure possible was taken to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. The convention included a visit to the recently rebranded Sonepar Connect branch in Reims, where attendees were given a guided tour and presentation about the local business.
The European EBL 2020 meeting was a new step for Sonepar in its digital transformation and roll out of its strategic plan, Impact. For the first time, business leaders were able to see that almost all of the projects linked to Impact launched in the last two years have reached an operational country level:
- Data Lake: rolled out in four countries, ten more will be added by the end of 2020
- Digital Factory: launched in September and already operational in four countries
- Sonepar Global Sourcing Office: joint presentation with Technische Unie and Trade Force
- Compliance: Code of Conduct, Supplier Code of Conduct and Compliance Policies & Procedures Manual rolled out in 20 languages across the Group
- Group Approval Matrix: released updated version two following operational feedback
- Sustainability: measured our global CO2 footprint and have taken over 200 actions to reduce
- Human Resources: joint presentation with Sonepar Deutschland about Sonepeople and Sonepar Iberica about Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Suppliers & Sourcing Management: joint presentation with Sacchi & Sonepar Deutschland
- Communications: alignment on Sonepar branding strategy
Phillipe Delpech commented, "I am glad to see that we have changed the dynamics within the EBL. A global project is no longer just an HQ project. Today, the Group and the EBL Executives are fully aligned and working together to roll out truly global projects."
Sonepar is an independent family-owned company with global market leadership in B-to-B distribution of electrical products, solutions and related services. Assisting customers in a wide range of markets and drawing on the skill and passion of its 48,000 associates, Sonepar has sales of €24 billion. Through a dense network of 145 operating companies spanning 48 countries and 5 continents, and the digital solutions developed, the Sonepar Group delivers greater service and enhanced customer relations every day. Sonepar’s ambition is to become “La Référence” - the standard-setter for all its stakeholders.