The challenge we are facing
Humanity is at a turning point and the way we treat our planet must change. Global warming and waste are two of the most critical challenges our world faces today. We need to make radical changes as to how we create and use the energy and resources that power our industries, our cities, our homes and our world.
What is the opportunity ahead of us?
There is hope, because a transformation is underway: away from polluting fossil fuels, to clean and infinitely available electric energy. Away from a system based on wasteful consumption, and towards a circular economy of recycling and reuse.
Why we are uniquely placed to make a difference?
At Sonepar, we can help to accelerate these change. Our business is at the very heart of the electrical ecosystem, and we control our own destiny – our family of shareholders are strong supporters for Sonepar to stand up and play its part in the energy transition. We can act with confidence and decisiveness.
We want to create a ripple effect – where the actions we take on sustainability multiply outwards, creating a wider and wider impact on the world. As guiding principles, we will make sure to:
- Embed our sustainability strategy into our corporate strategy
- Align our efforts with the UN’s Sustainable development goals
- Focus on behavior change as well as achieving targets
What is our vision & strategy?
Electricity is the clean energy of the future and our vision is to become the world leading electrical distributor, accelerating the market adoption of clean energy solutions and net zero emissions.
Our strategy is to leverage our unique position in the value chain by engaging our 48,000 associates, world leading electrical manufacturers and our 1,000,000 customers, who represent the world’s largest community of electrical experts and industrial customers.
We will nurture and champion innovation from our suppliers, encouraging them to develop more sustainable offers, services and solutions and act as a bridge with our customers to enhance adoption and create a better ecosystem.
To achieve our vision and strategy, we are focussing on three initial priorities:
- Creating a generation of ‘clean first’ advocates through education, collaboration and partnerships.
- Getting our own house in order by radically cutting down our own emissions and waste.
- Creating a ‘Sonepar Sustainable offer’ that prioritizes sustainable solutions and services to our customers, so that Sonepar operations become the default locations for delivering energy efficient and renewable solutions, as well as services such as recycling, repairing, trainings and energy management.
And we’re already having an impact…
- Green Offer
- World N°1 in energy efficiency products and solutions with over 3 BEUR sales to industry and buildings
- Leader in Renewables with above 500MW sales every year
- Multiple pilots in Sonepar countries
- Energy Transition Academy
- Worldwide e-learning available to our 48,000 associates
- 10 sustainability commitments for each associate
- Internal footprint
- Internal footprint verification using GHG protocol and ISO14064
- Sonepar is working on reducing its carbon footprint and will accelerate Net Zero Emissions to be in line with the Paris Agreements.
- More than 240 worldwide country initiatives accelerating the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Climate action
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Quality Education
- Reduced Inequalities
- Good Health and Wellbeing
Sustainability in action
Technische Unie has created the Circularity Team in order to educate their customers on ecologically sound items which they can then sell to their...Read more
In the last decade, as pollution concerns have come into sharper focus, more businesses and individuals have tried to shift their behavior towards...Read more
Sacchi has unveiled its plan to turn its corporate fleet 'green', with a new mobility program.Read more
No matter where you are in the world, you can visit Technische Unie's Sustainability Inspiration Center via a virtual tour and stay up to date with...Read more
Sonepar Deutschland has made remarkable progress on the Planet pillar of Impact, Sonepar’s strategic plan to drive digital transformation, and...Read more
Sonepar Suisse proves you can interloop modern and efficient processes with sustainability.Read more