1. What you need to know
“Personal Data” means information by which You, as a natural person can be directly (for example, by reference to a first or last name) or indirectly (for example, through a phone or ID number) identified.
Personal Data “Processing” means an operation or set of operations performed on your Personal Data (such as collection, structuring, storage, alteration, disclosure).
The “Purpose” of the processing operation is the primary objective in using the Personal Data. Your Personal Data are collected for a specified, legitimate objective (as detailed in point 2. “For what Purpose do we collect and process your Personal Data?” below) and are not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with that initial objective.
The “Controller” is the natural or legal person who decides whether the Personal Data should be processed and how that processing operation will be performed, in particular by determining what Purposes the Personal Data will serve and the tools and means that will be used for their processing.
A “Recipient” is a natural or legal person to whom your Personal Data are disclosed or made accessible.
A “Processor” is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes your Personal Data on behalf of the Controller.
“Sonepar” or “We” means Sonepar, a French société par actions simplifiée, with registered office at 25, rue d’Astorg, 75008 Paris, France and registered with the Registre de Commerce et des Sociétés of Paris under registration number : 585 580 202.
“Sonepar Group” means any and all companies, corporations and other entities (“Affiliate(s)”) controlled directly or indirectly by Sonepar. For the purposes of this definition, the term “control” means the possession, directly or indirectly, of at least fifty percent (50%) of the share capital or voting rights.
2. For what Purposes do we collect and process your Personal Data?
The Site publicizes the Sonepar Group by providing information concerning, without limitation, its business, its international footprint, its commitments and its career opportunities.
The Data Controller collects and processes certain of your Personal Data through this Site in order to:
- provide certain services through the Site (such as information about career opportunities and directing You to the relevant Sonepar Affiliate’s website);
- respond to your requests and queries through the available contact forms;
- measure the audience of the Site and personalize your User experience.
In addition, and when necessary, Sonepar and its Affiliates may always process your Personal Data in connection with litigation or pre‑litigation procedures in which Sonepar and/or its Affiliate(s) are involved, in order to exercise their rights and defend their interests.
3. Who collects and processes your Personal Data?
The Personal Data Processing operations listed in point 2. “For what Purpose do we collect and process your Personal Data?” above are performed under the responsibility of:
Sonepar, which acts as Data Controller
4. On what basis are your Personal Data processed?
We collect and process your Personal Data based on one or several of the following bases:
- Upon your request, materialized by :
- your decision to use the Site;
- your message and/or request to be contacted by Us through the contact forms present on the Website;
- your subscription to the newsletter;
- Our legitimate interests including, without limitation, to defend our legal rights in the event of a dispute or court action;
- To satisfy our legal or regulatory obligations (as the case may be).
If You do not want or no longer want to be contacted by Sonepar, please contact Us as described below in point 10. “What Are Your Rights?”.
5. What categories of Personal Data are processed?
The Personal Data collected and processed through this Site include:
- For all Users: Technical Personal Data relating to your use of the Site (such as IP address, technical data relating to the device and browser used, necessary cookies for the technical functioning of the Site, cookies that You have consented to, statistics relating to the use of the Site, its content and the services it offers);
- For Users who use the contact forms: name, phone, email, country, company, as well as Personal Data that may be contained in your message;
- For Users who register to the newsletter : email address.
6. For how long are your Personal Data kept?
Concerning cookies and technical data: the cookie duration depends on the type of cookie in question. Please refer to the Cookies Policy for more information about the cookies used on the Site.
Concerning contact information: Your Personal Data are kept for a maximum of one (1) year after You last contacted Sonepar. Afterwards, your Personal Data may be kept in archives for the period authorized by applicable laws and regulations and/or so as for Us to exercise our rights as a defendant or plaintiff before any tribunal, court of law or authorities.
7. How do we ensure the security of your Personal Data?
The Data Controller has implemented reasonable technical (for example, firewalls) and organizational (for example, username/password system, physical protection solutions) measures to protect your Personal Data from destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or unauthorized access by a third party.
We require all service providers that process your Personal Data on our behalf (if any) to make contractual commitments to a similar or superior standard.
8. To whom might we disclose your Personal Data?
The Data Controller may disclose some of your Personal Data to:
- processors or service providers acting on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- Sonepar Group Affiliates;
- legal and administrative authorities, when required by law or in connection with litigation or pre-litigation procedures; and
- a buyer or partner in the event of a merger, joint venture or disposal.
We ensure that your Personal Data are only disclosed to third parties within an adequate contractual framework that ensures the security and confidentiality of your Personal Data and compliance with the Purpose(s) of the Processing activities undertaken.
As regards this Site, your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following relevant Recipients:
- Outside services providers: We transfer your Personal Data to certain Recipients that act as Processors (if and when necessary for them to perform their services and missions), such as data hosting services and our Site creation and administration agency;
- Any relevant authority, court or third party:This disclosure shall occur if and when it is required by law, regulation, judicial decision or when necessary to protect and defend our interests and rights.
9. Where might your Personal Data be transferred?
Nevertheless, as a result of the Sonepar Group’s international footprint, some of the Recipients who will have access to your Personal Data (such as Sonepar Group Affiliates and/or their business partners), are based outside the European Union. This could especially be the case in order to process and transfer your request for information and/or contact details to the most appropriate Sonepar Affiliate based on your country and/or profession.
Please note that such countries may or may not present the same legal guarantees as those which are required in the European Union. We will contractualize such transfer under one of the legal frameworks authorized by the European Union.
You can find a list of the brands that belong to the Sonepar Group and the countries in which they operate by clicking on this link.
Additional information on the terms and conditions of data transfers may be obtained by sending a request to the contact indicated in point 10. below “What are your rights?”.
10. What are your rights?
You are entitled to access and modify your Personal Data collected through this Site, subject to the applicable legal provisions.
Your rights include:
- Right of access: You may obtain a copy of the Personal Data processed through this Site.
- Right to rectification: if You believe that your Personal Data are incorrect or incomplete, You may request a rectification.
- Right to erasure: in certain cases provided for by law, You may request that your Personal Data be erased, in particular where the Processing operation is exceptionally based on your consent and You wish to withdraw that consent or where it appears that your Personal Data are no longer necessary in relation to the Purposes for which they were collected or processed. However, this right is not unconditional, and we may have a legal basis or legitimate reason to keep your Personal Data.
- Right to object: in certain cases, You may object to the Processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your personal situation. However, this right is not unconditional, and we may reject your request for compelling legitimate reasons.
- Right to restrict Processing: You may also request that the Processing of your Personal Data be restricted (suspended, for example) if (i) your Personal Data are incorrect, (ii) You have exercised your right to object or (iii) the Personal Data are no longer needed for the processing operation but are still required to establish, exercise or defend your legal rights.
- Right to data portability: when this right applies, You have the right to receive the Personal Data that You have provided or, where technically feasible, to transmit those Personal Data to a third party.
- Standard contractual clauses: You have the right to obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses signed when your Personal Data are transferred outside the European Economic Area to countries which the European Commission does not consider as providing an adequate level of Personal Data protection.
- Right to give instructions regarding the use of your Personal Data after your death: You have the right to give Us instructions regarding the use of your Personal Data after your death.
- Right to withdraw your consent: if the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, You may withdraw it at any time.
You may exercise your rights at any time.
To exercise your rights, please write to the following address:
or send Us a written notice at:
25 rue d’Astorg
75008 Paris - France
In order to expedite your request, please indicate « Privacy » or « Personal Data » in the object/reference of your communication.
You may also file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
The French Supervisory authority’s coordinates are as follows:
Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (CNIL)
3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris CEDEX 07
Tel : +33 (0)1 53 73 22 22
For additional information about the CNIL You may visit the following website: https://www.cnil.fr/
11. Articulation with other sonepar Group privacy policies
Different privacy policies may apply to other processing activities performed by Sonepar and/or other Sonepar Group Affiliates (including, if and when You order or purchase goods from said entities).
The Site will be updated accordingly so as for You to always be aware of what Personal Data we collect through this Site, how we use it, and under what circumstances we share information with others.
13. Prevailing language
Last update made on 19 October 2020.